Friday, April 25, 2014

Tomatoes in April!

I dedicated one of my small raised beds to Mesclun to which I added an extra package of Arugula seeds as well as some left over lettuce seeds so my bed should be very dense with greens! We have had so much rain lately that I "tented" my two small beds to not only keep the rain from flooding them but to help warm them. My other small bed is planted with a new red Kale in the center area with golden and red beets around the perimeter. I love to sculpt my garden beds with color and texture. I'll enclose a picture of my new sprouts along with my tomatoes. For the very first time in my life, I have a wonderful sunroom, a veritable hothouse on the front of our home. One of the first things I thought of was, "I can grow tomatoes year around!!" I'm also trying a burpless cuke.

 
My cucumber
 
 

                                
                                                               Heirloom Cherry



                                        Black Cherry, Peacevine, Sun Gold and Heirloom Cherry
                                                 






                                                     Mesclun bed sprouting




                                                           One of our small Zen gardens
 
 
 
 
 
Tented beds
 
 
 
 

 
Sugar snap peas

No comments:

Post a Comment